Student Visa for Barbados
The non-nationals who wish to study in Barbados must apply for student visa. Student visa are only issued by the Barbados Immigration Department. Read more to know about the Barbados student visa application & documentation-
Student Visa Application Procedure
International students who wish to study in Barbados must fill out the application forms and submit it directly to the Immigration Department at least 3 months prior to the commencement of the study programme.
All application forms must be examined by the Ministry of Education and signed by the concerned school or an educational institution official prior to submission to the Immigration Department.
International students who wish to attend the University of the West Indies, the Barbados Community College and the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic must submit their visa application forms through their respective higher education institution
after gaining admittance into the institution.
Following documents are required:
- H-1 and H-2 application forms and application fee: Fill out an appropriate application form.
- A copy of valid passport
- 4 passport-size photographs
- A copy of birth certificate
- Educational certificates
- Acceptance letter issued from the institution or university
- Proof of the status of parents or guardians in Barbados: If the parent(s) or guardian live in Barbados, submit an evidence of their valid work permit
- Proof of accommodation: It must be an agreement or accommodation letter from the landlord
- Proof of financial resources
- Letter of support (for persons under 18 years of age)
- Criminal record certificate: A police certificate of character (PCC) from any country in which the student has lived for about 6 months or more after the age of 16
- Parent’s consent evidence (if required)
Submit the above mentioned documents to Barbados Chief Immigration Officer.
Student visa is valid for 1 year and it can be renewed.
The student visa application fee is US$300.00.
The average processing time for a student visa is 4 to 6 weeks.
Student Visa Renewal
In order to renew the Barbados student visa, fill out a H-3 application form and submit it along with the following documents to the Immigration authority:
- One H3 application form: Completely filled
- A valid passport and one passport size photo
- Proof of previous student visa issued
- Progress report from the institution you’re currently attending
- No outstanding fee letter from the school
- Police Certificate of Character (PCC) from Barbados for individuals aged 16 and above